The Nation3 DAO is an Aragon DAO with:
- Two Agent app instances: One — called just Agent — is meant to hold funds and control non-sensitive actions, and the other one — called Critical Agent — is meant to control extraordinary or sensitive actions, such as minting new $NATION or making significant changes to the DAO itself.
- Two Voting app instances: One per Agent app. The first one is governed by $veNATION holders with simple majority voting, and the other with supermajority (66%) and a minimum quorum (20%). The latter is the one used to decide on sensitive actions. More on its parameters can be read on Nation3's governance process.
Here's a breakdown with the permission structure:
What's currently governed by the DAO
Via the normal Agent instance:
Via the Agent (veNATION supermajority) instance:
- The $NATION token (the DAO can decide on the minting schedule, or cap the supply)
- Its own voting parameters and other key DAO parameters
Who is the initial proposal committee
- Luis Cuende: Nation3 core contributor, previously founder of Aragon.
- Carlos Juarez: Nation3 core contributor, previously founder of Guesser (acquired by Gemini).
- Uxio Piñeiro: Nation3 core contributor, smart contract developer.
- Anastasiya Belyaeva: Nation3 core contributor, previously founder of Fabric Ventures.