Genesis Citizen passport
NFT passport holders are the citizens of Nation3. They are the core users of its services, and simultaneously those that drive forward its progress. Nation3 citizens are the ones that make proposals, conduct research, carry out initiatives, structure themselves into working groups, and do everything else that’s required to successfully kickstart a cloud nation. They invest their time and expertise into the project, while making use of the funds from the Nation3 DAO.
In the first instance, a limited edition of Genesis NFTs can be minted. After that, the DAO can decide whether to issue more passports, how many and when.
NFT passports are non-transferrable, and can only be minted by those that hold the required amount of $veNATION. If a $veNATION holder who is a citizen doesn’t renew their lock and allows for the required $veNATION balance to drop, therefore lacking any long-term commitment, the NFT passport would be burned. This ensures that citizens have long-term economic alignment.
- Use all the services that Nation3 provides or will provide in the future, including physical spaces.
- Access to certain token-gated parts of public forums, such as Discord.
- Making proposals and making decisions within the Nation3 DAO (provided that those are ratified by veNATION holders).
- Carrying the bulk of active governance responsibility. They are the only ones that can put proposals forward, and vote them to then be ratified by veNATION holders.
Holders’ financial incentives:
- Holders might be rewarded through Governance Mining, meaning that they would receive NATION rewards as long as they meet their governance responsibilities. (Not implemented yet)
- All of the veNATION financial incentives, as they are also veNATION holders.
All citizens are veNATION holders, but not all veNATION holders are citizens.
This creates economic alignment while maintaining the checks and balances resulting from both groups participating in governance — essentially a bicameral system.
- Contract address:
- Network: Ethereum mainnet
- Mintable: Yes, by having more than 2 $veNATION
- Maximum supply: 420